A new year means to me a great opportunity to reflect on my 2014 accomplishments and 2015 priorities…
Happy New Year!
I just came back from a well-deserved three-week leave spent in my home country of Canada and I’m ready to tackle 2015! (Well, actually not quite yet… I’ll give myself a few days to get over this jetlag and regain full capacity of my body and brain!)
A new year means to me a great opportunity to reflect on my 2014 accomplishments and 2015 priorities. You might remember the blog Half time huddle I wrote six months ago in an attempt to help you dream up your best finale for the year… If you had completed one of the proposed activities, now is the perfect time to go back to it and reflect on your achievements and perhaps what you may have missed out on. You might also like to re-do the exercise in light of the new year.
My own 2014 priorities focused on building the amazing relationship I’ve developed with my partner and work passionately while making a difference. I can proudly say I’ve successfully focused on these two areas over the past 12 months and I’m in a very good place both personally and professionally. So what does 2015 have in store for me? One of my main objectives for the year will be to continue to develop as a great leader – at home like at work. To help me pursue this goal, I’ve come up with five key questions which I thought I should share with you. They may (or may not) help guide you with your own 2015 priorities.
- In 2015, what does personal leadership look like for me? What does professional leadership look like?
- What does success look like in this area in concrete terms?
- Why is this important to me?
- Who in my support network can help me bring life to this? How can they support me? What type(s) of networks and people should I familiarise myself with?
- What strengths can I make the best use of to help me achieve this picture? What areas of development should I focus on and how can I further develop them?
Now it’s up to you. What are your 2015 priorities? What questions do you need to ask yourself to help challenge and move these priorities forward?
Cheers to a very fulfilling 2015!